Image Map

Friday, October 30, 2015

Keep Portland weird

A few weeks ago, Will and I ran away to Portland for a quick weekend. I've been there a couple times before, but Will had never been so we knew we had to take advantage of the proximity. Also, my childhood best friend Kearsten and her husband, Justin, had just moved to Portland. How cool!? It was wonderful spending time with a dear friend. 
Familiar faces are a rarity in my line of work (haha, line of work... I just had to say that). Being a travel nurse isn't always easy, especially socially. Don't get me wrong, I'm SO grateful for my husband/best friend/partner! I couldn't do this without him... but still, the lack of community can be challenging at times. I've never been so thankful for warm, inviting, familiar faces. So here's to fun places, familiar faces, and making new friends along the way!
Multnomah Falls


Naturally we had to pay a visit to Voo Doo Donuts.





Downtown Portland by view of Pittock Mansion.
We drove to the coast to explore Cape Kiwanda... and have LOTS of good conversations, of course.

Praise the Lord for this woman... 





This. Guy. 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment